On the return
|Still not quite sure why I left Melbourne...|
It's been a long-time coming, but reader(s), I'm back!
The best way I can sum up my six-month absence is... with a list. Because, deep down, we all know we would read a lot more if everything came in list form.
So! Here we go:
1) At the start of this year, I went back home to Melbourne for six weeks
2) Said six weeks was filled with perfect: summer weather, food, booze, friends and family
3) Coming back to the UK post-Beast from the East was difficult
4) Coming back to the UK was made all the more difficult because I knew I had to get... a job
5) BUT I also returned to London to see not one, but TWO manuscripts that I had written published into physical books that I could hold (and NOT sleep with clutched in my hands)
6) I managed to figure out I wanted a job in a bookshop
7) I trawled through countless job websites looking for said job in a bookshop
8) Nando's was also hiring
9) I GOT A JOB IN A BOOKSHOP!
10) I GOT A JOB IN A BOOKSHOP THAT ALSO STOCKS ONE OF THE BOOKS I WROTE!
11) One of the books I wrote has also given me a small but important fanbase in Germany
12) Now, I basically talk to people about books all day
13) Now, I'm still writing
14) Now, I'm still in London
15) Also, I saw On the Run II recently and am still getting over the power and flawlessness of Bey and Jay Z. If you haven't watched the clip for Apesh*t yet, do it now!